Friday, July 2, 2010

Standard Opinion

The standard is what all uphold, when it comes to the general population. There are those who form to their own mold. Ones which they create to substitute the already prepared model.

The model for virginity has two standard molds. One says it is an almost sacred right held to be taken only by the spouse. The other says that virginity is a badge of immaturity. The difference between these opposite ideas is who preaches them. Unfortunately, the idea which is accepted most to those whom this controversy affects the greatest is the second. A teen may hear the constant preaching of value of such a "token," but what they really listen to is their peers, the media, and the culture.

Up until recently, I have had the first mold securely to my heart. The second is now taking shape. What also affected me so thoroughly is the, not exactly pressure, but the influence of my lover. Without them, I would have stayed the same. A virgin. Now, I cannot say that I was not affected by hormones. That definitely had a major role. But the hope for security and love also caused for my decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment